“Art in our community is not a peripheral to civic activity, but an evolving stimulant to our creative and economic potential.
It is the mission of the Arts Committee to encourage, develop, and promote the presentation, performance, creation and exhibition of the visual and performing arts.
The plan for the visual arts was to establish a public art project identifying desirable objects and locations for permanent art displays preferably to be purchased with private or corporate donations to the community.”– Lakeway Arts Committee
An Arts Committee was created by the City Council in December 1999 for the purpose of establishing a Cultural and Artistic Enrichment goal to “encourage, develop and promote the presentation, performance, creation, and exhibition of the visual and performing arts.”
Objectives of the Committee are:
- Support arts programs and education for citizens of all ages;
- Initiate and implement plans for visual and performing arts events within the greater Lakeway community;
- Coordinate arts activities with related community functions; and
- Explore the feasibility of an outdoor forum for the presentation of arts programs and other community events.
- Last Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- Lakeway City Hall, 1102 Lohmans Crossing
- Janet Wright, Chair
- Sue Ellen Knolle
- Dan Kubala
- Allisyn Martin
- Bob Michelson
- Emily Thurman
- Sarah Walters